The Baumhaus grand opening will be on the weekend of September 23-25 as a part of our Annual Emergent Berlin Festival.
In June, we built the engineering prototype, documented it and unbuilt it so we can get it approved and rebuilt in January.
We can ONLY realize this with YOUR HELP. We need to get at least 15.000€ through our crowd-funding to make this happen. Please chip in 5€, the price of 2 beers, or almost a trip there and back on the U-Bahn… What is it worth to you to help us create a space we can all use everyday to make the world a better place.
We have done all we can do… now we need your help to reach our goal until AUGUST 9!
Please ask your friends and family to contribute adn if they need convincing show them our short 2 min film „It’s Not Too Late…“:
In the meantime, here is what else got done:
• The sound-proof ceiling finsihed being installed
• We prototyped our upcycled magnetic clay wall concept
• We had our 7th Vertical and Permaculture garden meeting focussing on Vermiculture, making fertile soil with worms and compost. next meeting is 27.07 on plant selection.
• Pop Chor Berlin did a rehearsal and recorded our theme song plus a new one we improvised together. Next improv singing event is 04.08.
• Every week, we got a delivery form our local bio-farmer as part of our neighborhood CSA group.
• On the same day, Radio Eins broadcasted live from the Baumhaus all day, while we worked on design details for the bar and bathrooms. Later that evening we had our Soli-party with Dr. Alex Paterson form the Orb. We listen to his set while we work. Dr Alex will come back on Sept 24th and play our grand openign party at Panke e.V. in our building! LISTEN TO OUR INTERVIEW HERE (auf Deutsche!):
• We made good progress tiling the floors in the kitchen and toilet rooms.
• We hosted an event with Silke Gebel from the Green Party of Berlin and our partners Himmelbeet community garden and Wedding Wandler (local transition town network) about how to make our neighborhood ‚Zero Waste‘ .
• We also hosted a hack-a-thon with our lighting team and several other participants as part of the Tech Open Air fetstival. We designed our manufacturing process for floor sensors that we will build, we defined some lighting scenarios for our sentient lighting, we prototyped the lighting for our glass mosaic art work and we installed the new wireless controller into the Orchid Lamp.
• Hilke brought by more rescued food to add to what we got from The Real Junk food Project so we can feed our volunteers healthy food.
Join In to help build the space and the program THIS and the NEXT WEEKS:
We will be:
Doing design work on the bar, building the interior of the kitchen, doing design work on the back room and planning mosaic work… Plus a whole lot more!
p.s. FLUX fm will be here during the day Weds 27.07.2016 from 9:30 until 11:00 in the morning to check us out, do interviews with our helpers and do a story on our crowd-funding!